Today I have a recipe for pound cake that my sister, Tina, made last nite and sent over. It was warm and delicious! She said that it's really easy to make (my kind of recipe). Please click over to Designs By Gollum to see the rest of the wonderful blogger recipes. Don't forget to leave me a comment so you will be entered in the 100th post giveaway on Sunday. Enjoy!
1 cup Crisco shortening
1 stick margarine (4 ounces)
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs, room temperature
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease & flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
2. Cream margarine and Crisco shortening in electric stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix well. Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
3. In a separate bowl, stir flour and salt together. Add flour alternately with milk to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
4. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes, or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Check early to avoid overbaking.
5. Cool in pan about 5 minutes. Then remove from pan and cool completely.