Friday, July 31, 2009

Foodie Friday



Today I am participating in Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum. You must go over and see all of the delicious recipes from other bloggers. I am sharing a recipe that I have for homemade Thousand Island Dressing. It's much better than the bottled kind from the grocery store and only takes a few minutes to whip up. You'll have to try it. Here is the recipe:

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 T. ketchup
1 T. white vinegar
2 t. sugar
2 t. sweet pickle relish
1 t. finely minced white onion
1/8 t. salt
dash of black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to blend. Refrigerate.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh... this sounds easy and I actually have ALL the ingredients. Might have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad made one thing and that was homemade Thousand Isalnd dressing his signature kitchen fame. Your post brings back special memories for me. Thanks for sharing:)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every now and then I think I must be the only person in the world who still likes 1000 Island Dressing. So glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom made thousand Island dressing this and I loved it. THANKS!!! for sharing. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dressing! It is hard to find here in Belgium so thanks for the recipi.

    ReplyDelete